1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

complete SEN most probably from the spectrum of autism

Discussion in 'English' started by DiKadic, Oct 9, 2018.

Tags:
  1. DiKadic

DiKadic New commenter

I'm teaching English for more than 30 years and now I have a pupil aged 8 who simply doesn't react to teaching. He has a teaching assistant with him and what he managed to learn in L1 is to point to three main colours named ........ and maybe to some numbers ..... but in English, which I'm supposed to teach him he only learnt to pair identical flash cards and even that with some mistakes..Now he's got the lowest SEN degree from the institution and I'm supposed to teach him something in English. He doesn't speak at all, hears sounds but ..... looks but only for few second into the pointed picture ......Last year I tried yellow-red-blue colours, 1-2-3 numbers, words that are the same in L1 as in L2 like taxi, stop, banana, ....... gave him to pair two halves of the animals' body ....... but I'm staying out of the ideas. Anyone having something similar to deal with ? Any suggestions ...? The most difficult case I ever had ........

2. gruoch

gruoch Established commenter

Where do you teach?