1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Complete History timeline for classroom

Discussion in 'Primary' started by hare34, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Does anyone know where I can find one to display in my classroom?
    I'm about to start a Creative Curriculum topic on the Tudors with my Year 4 class, but I want the children to see when the other periods in History were (eg The Romans, Ancient Greece, Anglo Saxons etc).

Hope this makes sense!

2. Does anyone know where I can find one to display in my classroom?
    I'm about to start a Creative Curriculum topic on the Tudors with my Year 4 class, but I want the children to see when the other periods in History were (eg The Romans, Ancient Greece, Anglo Saxons etc).

Hope this makes sense!

3. hpblossom

hpblossom New commenter

I have a couple of timelines - I have sent you a message about this.

4. No I don't but I would love one. Was about to design one for myself but would rather not!!

5. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I have a great poster, kind of cartoonish but not too much so. Perfect for children.

I got it from either a National Trust or English Heritage shop, but neither seem to have it online. If you have a property near you, then go and have a nosy at the shops. they have pencil cases, rulers and mugs in the same design.

6. Thanks. Will do.

7. Thanks minnieminx, I will have a look out for one of those :)

8. Msz

Msz Established commenter

9. thegoose

thegoose New commenter

10. Msz

Msz Established commenter

11. thegoose

thegoose New commenter

12. There is a great one on instantdisplay.co.uk

13. Thanks everyone for your help - some great timelines! :)

14. Might be a slight alternative to what you are looking for, but have a look here. 20 history certificates in historical order. Not free though. [​IMG]

15. I'm history co-ord in my infant school and wanted something to show where we all fit in and got some child friendly timelines from www.picturemaps.co.uk at the end of term. Just email them and they post them out to you - cost is dependant on how many you order.
    They made them for different clients like National Trust, but still have some for sale. (another teacher had one that she'd bought from a museum and picture maps was the name at the bottom)
    Starting with the big bang they go through time with cartoon style images - really bright!
    Hope that helps.