1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Complete career change

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by cbks0440, Feb 28, 2016.

1. cbks0440

cbks0440 New commenter

So, tell me. I´ve been teaching for 6 year now. I trained in secondary History, worked in a prep school, retrained in KS3/4 maths and then moved to work in an independent school abroad.

I feel like I´ve gained lots of experience, but I´m kinda done with being watched, judged and made to feel like I´m not good enough.

Does anyone have any career suggestions? I´d like to stay in education, but I´d also like to get away from the classroom.

Any advice would be appreciated!

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

3. HABowyer

HABowyer New commenter

Hello,

I might have some suggestions for you.

I have worked in Higher Education for the last 6 years - working with students. There are a range of jobs, often well paid and still in education e.g. programme coordination, student support (e.g. essay writing, pastoral support etc) and others. Have a look on jobs.ac.uk. We get a lot of ex-teachers in HE, so you wouldn't be out of place.

Hope that helps.

H