1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

complaint

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by wellard, Jun 7, 2011.

1. I have just found out that a complaint has been made against my teaching and they have gone straight to county. They have not talked to me or the head of the school. Could anyone please advise what county will do? The allegations are a load of lies and I am really stressed out about it.

2. I have just found out that a complaint has been made against my teaching and they have gone straight to county. They have not talked to me or the head of the school. Could anyone please advise what county will do? The allegations are a load of lies and I am really stressed out about it.

3. frymeariver

frymeariver New commenter

In my experience the complaint will be sent straight back to the headteacher to investigate and deal with appropriately. If the complaint is a load of lies then you have nothing to worry about as your headteacher will deal with it as such.

4. Unless he doesn't like you.

5. ianj6

ianj6 New commenter

County will definitely bounce it back to the Head, who will be obliged to investigate. Don't know what the complaint is but if it's about book marking or they reckon you always pick on little Jimmy etc, (normal sort of things), most likely the Head will write/get them in for a chat with him/her, and politley tell them to "do one" if there's nothing to answer, or it's patheitic.
    If there is something to answer, (eg you haven't marked the books all year as you've been too busy drinking gin in the staffroom,) then you may get called in and asked to have a go at a bit of marking. This will take the form of a quiet chat normally, not in front of the parents.
    In the current climate, your books will have been weel trawled and you will have been observed at least once this year, so the Head will just refer back to that as evidence and refer back to my last line of my first paragraph!
    They've gone to County to make a big noise, "empty vessels"
    Good luck, 5 and a half weeks to the summer[​IMG];-)
    Ian

6. It would be interesting to know how you found out about the complaint against you!

7. Our books are scrutinised every week. God help us if the marking's not up to date!!! And in depth too.

8. Contact your union ASAP!