1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Complaint about neighbour's rubbish ....

Discussion in 'Personal' started by disguise, Mar 17, 2011.

1. I talk from experience as have similar and other issues with neighbours. Call the council, they will issue a notice to them (hopefully) to remove the rubbish. They can also issue fines but I think they need one warning first. My advice (again, from experience) is call the council EVERY week until it's removed as most people ignore council letters until they have to part with cash. The council may even come and remove it themselves and then just charge the individuals.

2. JTL

JTL Occasional commenter

I think it may be helpful to mention having spotted a few rats. This proved useful in getting the rubbish cleared from the lane running alongside my house!

3. Sneaky, JTL, very sneaky. But I'm loving your style!

4. If you could arrange for a few members of your family to develope a few pustulous sores around the armpits and neck.

5. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Squeaky wheel gets oiled first, try every few days and be a pest!

6. Actually, you're right. The only reason I called weekly was because most of my issues were not with the bulky rubbish but the rubbish bags and so they could only remove it on a weekly basis.

By the way, you are also entitled to report them to anti social behaviour.

7. RJR_38

RJR_38 New commenter

'Seeing' rats is defintely the way to go ;) (speaking from past experience....)

8. I was actually thinking of taking some photos and sending them to the council, just to show them what a mess the area has become. It is a conservation area, with some lovely examples of victorian architecture, but there is obviously no attempt to "manage" it by the council. All I see is row upon row of satellite dishes (we put ours up at the back so as not to spoil the look from the street but obviously no-one else can be bothered) and soggy, rotten mattresses chucked outside people's front doors. I just despair.

9. Try the local rag as well.

10. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

throw more rubbish on top of theirs, things that smell