1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

companies who frame school art for free?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by speedwaychick, Mar 3, 2012.

1. YEARSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ago at my first school i worked at, we had a comapny come in that framed artwork our children did, then they displayed it all in the hall like a real gallery and the parents brought the work. if they didnt sell there was no charge and if they did sell i think we got a small fraction of the money but basically there was no outlay for school. for the life of me i cannot remember who the company were!
    does anyone know of these types of companies? have tried lots of google search strings but cant get it to come up right!

we are based in the midlands, but any ideas would be fab!

thanks!

2. littlerussell

littlerussell New commenter

I suspect that with the rise of discount stores selling A4 frames for £1-£2 (try Wilkinson), there's probably no profit in doing that any more.

Have you thought of framing them yourself and selling? With £2.50 frames and, let's say, selling at £8, you would only need to sell 1 in 3 pictures to make a profit, and you can always take any unsold pics out of the frames and reuse them next year.