1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Companies that let you road test Macbooks

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by easyeasy, May 3, 2012.

1. As a school we are looking into macbooks. Does anyone know if there are any companies that let you borrow one or more for a week to see how they go?

2. As a school we are looking into macbooks. Does anyone know if there are any companies that let you borrow one or more for a week to see how they go?

3. So let me get this right; you are so unfamiliar with macbooks that you need to borrow one 'to see how they go' but you are willing to p public(?) money down the drain on machines that cost double the Windows equivalent.

Give me strength.

4. Please do ignore our resident troll. He sometimes does come up with some relevant and worthwhile points, but I'm at the bottom of the sine wave with him at the minute.

I can't suggest any companies, but if you're thinking of providing students with a balanced and broad hardware platform across your school so that students have a wider education, but want to be sensible about dipping your toe in the water before spending a significant amount then that seems most sensible and appropriate.

If you still have a CLC nearby, they may be able to help.

5. A REALLY, REALLY significant amount.