1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Community site bugs

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by TES_Rosaline, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

Me too (using Edge). Started getting it today.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  2. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

3. Rott Weiler

It's not happening any longer for me Rosaline, it seems to have fixed itself.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  4. TES_Rosaline

That's good. Thank you for letting me know @Rott Weiler.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused over the weekend.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  5. TES_Rosaline

If you have any technical issues with the forums/other parts of the website, especially out of hours, please email help@tes.com, in the first instance to log the issue so that the relevant team can be notified. Thank you.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  6. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Mine seems to have resolved itself too Rosaline.
    Thanks for the reminder about the help address. I tend to forget the 'help' before @ and wonder why it doesn't work. :rolleyes:

7. TES_Rosaline

Apologies for the delay @Lara mfl 05. I'm pleased that the glitch has been resolved.

Thank you for letting me know.

You're welcome.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  8. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

It's a thing right now:

9. Vince_Ulam

1. Over the past few weeks I have seen my post count drop several times without moderator explanation. Why is this happening?
    2. Also, moderation is tending to the removal of entire posts rather than allegedly rule-breaking sections.
    3. There is a recurrence of the failure to recognise malicious abuse of the Report function.

10. Rott Weiler

If TES remove an entire thread for whatever reason then the posts in it no longer count towards the post total of anyone who had posted in it. If you had ' likes' in the thread they disappear too. Is that what you are referring to?

What is 'malicious abuse of the Report function'?

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  11. Vince_Ulam

No.

Easily spotted by anyone who has five posts removed within five minutes without explanation.

12. Vince_Ulam

Over the past two days I have seen four posts removed. In only two of these cases have I received a moderator explanation of this or been told which post has been deleted. This is not what we have come to expect from your administration, @TES_Rosaline. What is going on? If moderators are simply going to run through Report queues deleting whatever they see without a thought to justification then what trust can we have in any of you? Also, please ensure that all moderators recognise campaigns of malicious reporting when it happens, it is not hard to spot patterns of grievance.

13. Vince_Ulam

Correction: Six posts removed, at least.

14. Vince_Ulam

Two posts disappeared in the last thirty minutes without a sniff of an explanation. That makes something like four this week, at least.

@TES_Rosaline, is it no longer policy for Moderators to give notifications when posts are removed?

15. TES_Rosaline

I have messaged you about this. Please can we keep this thread for reporting site bugs.

16. TES_Rosaline

Actions carried out by the Moderation Team are not up for discussion on the forums.

Please note: We reserve the right to remove content, lock threads, ban members or moderate user posts in our moderated forums at our discretion.

Threads or posts may be deleted and members may be banned at the sole discretion of TES moderation staff without notice.

We reserve the right to amend our moderation policy at any time without notice.

Please also remember that we will not enter into any debates regarding any sanction.

17. Davet1986

Davet1986 New commenter

If you do want to change your avatar then you can do so by going back to the homepage and access your profile through that page.

18. grumbledook

grumbledook New commenter

I'm just looking at this again ... I have posted far more than 13 messages over the years. A lot more than 13 messages. When I look for messages I have posted I can even find me quoted in repliesto my posts but not my original reply in threads.

19. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Even worse now as when I've just checked, you've 'lost' a further 10! :(

grumbledook New commenter
    :eek:
    All I can think of is that someone has done a 'clearout of older threads/ posts and so all your posts have also vanished. That happens when threads are pulled or deleted for a variety of reasons.

Yet when I then click on your actual history of posts there are 15 listed.:confused: Going back to 2006/7,

20. TES_Rosaline

Hello @grumbledook, apologies for the delayed response. I have sent you a private message. In the meantime, I will pass this on to the techies to investigate this discrepancy about the number of posts visible in the profile preview.