1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Community site bugs

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by TES_Rosaline, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

@TES_Rosaline New problems with being logged out.

Around 1:20 today looking at my Alerts page I got this

Arggh even screen shot copying not working.
    So back to verbal descriptions. Normal page and all logged in.

However on clicking the top Alert I suddenly noticed I'd lost my Like / Quote / Reply options and that I 'must log in or sign up to post in this forum. I have even had to log in to post this problem. :(

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Just an update - no problems as yet today. :D So perhaps it was just a temporary glitch?

3. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Thank you Lara for logging the issue.

Fingers crossed it was a temporary one, but if it returns please can you let me know? Thank you.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  4. Landofla

Landofla Established commenter

And it's happened again - my account is automatically following TES Primary. Arghhhhhhhhh will email them again I suppose.

5. Billie73

Billie73 Occasional commenter

When I check my alerts I have to click the yellow alert twice because the first time just re-loads the page I'm already on.

I'm also having issues with skybet trying to open the App Store when I try to read a thread. When I click out of the windows that open it sends me back to the page before the page showing the link for the thread I want to read. It's making the site almost unusable!

6. TES_Rosaline

Hello @Landofla, sorry to hear that you still have an issue with automatically following the TES Primary account. The Customer Services Team should be able to help you. If anyone else is experiencing the same problem please email help@tes.com.

Hello @Billie73, sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with the site. We are investigating the issue. Please bear with us while we try to resolve the problem.

7. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

I'm not sure if this fits on this thread but anyway....
    When I am browsing the forums I tend to work through them (a selected few) individually, reading threads that interest me and ignoring those that don't.
    When I have done so, I used to mark each forum as read individually so I could see at a glance at the landing page whether new comments had been added.
    At the moment I can no longer do this as triggering the Mark Forums Read link now only gives me the option of marking ALL forums read.
    upload_2017-3-26_11-27-34.jpeg
    Previously we had the option to mark the individual forum we were on as read .
    Is this deliberate or merely a glitch?
    Tagged for @TES_Rosaline and @dmorgantini

8. TES_Rosaline

Hello @Didactylos4,

Apologies for the delay.

Thank you for letting us know about this issue.

I'll pass on the information to the techies to investigate.

Didactylos4 likes this.
  9. TES_Rosaline

Hello @Didactylos4,

This feature should be fixed now. The read threads are removed from the Watched Threads list.

If there are any problems, please can you let me know?

Thank you.

10. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

Seems to be fine Rosaline
    Many thanks

11. TES_Rosaline

12. ATfan

ATfan Occasional commenter

I can only access the tes community on 4G. No problem with other tes websites or surfing the web in general. I've had this problem since yesterday afternoon.

13. Billie73

Billie73 Occasional commenter

I keep getting taken to the App Store. I've tried to read a message on WD 4 times now and every time I get kicked out!

14. cliftonc

cliftonc Administrator Staff Member

Really sorry to hear that @Billie73 - any chance you can let me know which app you get sent to the in the app store? It will let us find the ad and ensure it never gets served on the site again.

15. stollybolly

stollybolly New commenter

Hi
    Today I cannot open my saved resources - of which I have several pages. I can only see the first page & the next pages do not open when I click to see more. Any ideas please?

16. TES_Rosaline

Hello @stollybolly,

Sorry that you are experiencing problems accessing your saved resources. Is this via the ‘Author Dashboard’ from the left hand menu followed by ‘Resource management’? This should list all your saved resources.

You can find out more details here.

If you are still experiencing problems with accessing your resources, please can you log them by sending an email to the Customer Services Team via help@tes.com?

17. biowriterab

biowriterab New commenter

Hi there,
    I have an issue with 'Conversations'. I can get to the area OK, but there is no option to start a conversation on my screen.

18. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

It will be because you are 'new' I think others can start a conversation with you though.

19. biowriterab

biowriterab New commenter

Oh thanks for that. Do you know how long I have to wait till I can use the conversations?

20. TES_Rosaline

Hello @biowriterab,

We do not give out the details of the timescales or thresholds needed to become an established member of the forum.

All we can say is that if you continue to regularly post in the forums you will eventually become an established member which will allow you access to the private conversation feature as well as the edit function.