1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Community site bugs

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by TES_Rosaline, Sep 10, 2015.

1. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Thank you @Lara mfl 05 for your suggestion. I've created a new thread asking forum members to report the technical issues on this thread.

Please can you check if you can access other forum members' profile page via the preview profile box?

@anotherauntsally, @RedQuilt and @Spiritwalkerness, please can you also check if you can view other people's profiles in the same way when you have a moment? I think I have fixed the issue via permissions but want to check if this is indeed the case.

Thank you.

dr_nurashiya93 likes this.
  2. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

Hello. Well, I've clicked around, randomly, and can see profiles. Seems as though you've cured my problem :).

Except... I did get a TES error for one user but it just said that that user limited who could see her profile. Is that right?

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I've checked people I've communicated with before and a few random posters and indeed that error seems to be fixed.

Also tried clicking on 'New Posts' and 'Alerts' options which is generally when I seem to have this intermittent problem. None so far, dare I say it out loud?

4. TES_Rosaline

Hi @RedQuilt,

Thank you for checking the profile pages of other users.

Thank you as well @Lara mfl 05. That's good to know.

RedQuilt, please can you send me the name of the user with the error message in a conversation so I can check the permissions again?

Thank you

5. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

Done :)

6. TES_Rosaline

7. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

@TES_Rosaline I've developed the same problem as didactylos describes above since yesterday. Using Chrome on an android tablet. I've cleared my cache etc but it's still happening.

8. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

No problems today- so far.

9. TES_Rosaline

Hello @RedQuilt. Sorry that you have been logged out of the forums. What were you trying to do when you were logged out? Thank you for letting me know.

Thank you @Lara mfl 05.

10. PlanetXYZ

PlanetXYZ New commenter

Hi! I seem to have a problem whereby I am unable to start a conversation with others. Some of the links described in the 'how to guide' is not visible to me.
    e.g. There is no 'start a new conversation' link in conversations. See below.
    Also, this link does not appear when I click on someone's username.
    Please see attached.
    Thanks! Screen Shot 2016-07-23 at 12.13.56 pm.png Screen Shot 2016-07-23 at 10.20.17 pm.png

11. marlin

marlin Star commenter

@PlanetXYZ If you are under pre-moderation the start conversation feature is not available to you. Others can start a conversation with you - but I'm not sure if you would be able to reply. I'll send you a message to you so that you can check.

PlanetXYZ and bompu like this.
  12. anon8701

anon8701 Star commenter

I had the same problem until I became an occasional commentator.

PlanetXYZ and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  13. anotherauntsally

anotherauntsally Lead commenter

Yes, it seems mostly back to normal, thanks - just found two so far where I still get an error message.

14. anotherauntsally

@TES_Rosaline
    Yesterday, when trying to see what my 'alerts' were, I couldn't - every time I clicked onto 'alerts', the Personal thread list page kept loading. This seems to be an intermittent fault. It happens often, then it's OK for a bit, then it happens again. Usually it's the page I'm on already that just reloads rather than the page that shows the alerts but this time I wasn't already on Personal.

15. TES_Rosaline

Hi @anotherauntsally, Sory to hear that you are experiencing more technical issues.

Please can you send me a PM with the names of the members' profiles that you cannot access. Please can you also send a screen grab of the error message? Thank you.

I'll pass on your posts to the dev team to investigate what the issue is.

16. TES_Rosaline

Hello @PlanetXYZ,

Welcome to the TES Community.

I see that you are a new member. Once you are an established member you will be able to start conversations with other members.

Thank you @marlin and @bompu for helping PlanetXYZ.

marlin likes this.
  17. anotherauntsally

18. TES_Rosaline

19. marlin

marlin Star commenter

@TES_Rosaline

I've seen this message several times in the last few days:

upload_2016-8-4_11-7-59.png

The page freezes until I click on stop script.

I had two other sites open when I just had this message today - my email account and BBC news. I was only using one tab for TES. I am using IE 11 and Windows 7.

20. TES_Rosaline

Hi @marlin,

Sorry about the technical glitch.

Thank you for letting me know.

I'll pass this on.

marlin likes this.