1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Community site bugs

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by TES_Rosaline, Sep 10, 2015.

1. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Hi,

If you experience any technical glitches with the new software, please can you report them here so we can keep a track of the bugs and pass them on to the developers?

Please don't forget to add a screen grab if possible.

If you cannot log in to your account to report the technical issue in this thread, please can you either contact the Community Team via the email address: TES.Community@tesglobal.com or the Customer Services Team via the email address help@tes.com in the first instance.

Please remember that only one account should be used in the forums.

Thank you.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
    tumeemo and nkabi_ivron like this.
  2. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

Not sure if this is technical or not, but there don't seem to be any posts between February and today.

nkabi_ivron likes this.
  3. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

Nah, I think it's just when they first started on the new site

nkabi_ivron likes this.
  4. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

I think they just took a snapshot of the forums as they were at the time they started the Beta testing and then these were not updated as they were added to in the 'real' forums.

nkabi_ivron likes this.
  5. guinnesspuss

Did they start testing in February then?

I don't know whether to post here or on the other site as there's no transfer (of course), Will all the posts disappear from the old-NU-TES or will these interim posts get wiped when they go forward with NU-NU-TES?
    :confused:

nkabi_ivron likes this.
  6. guinnesspuss

What do you become after being an occasional contributor? I was New yesterday, what will I be tomorrow?:D

nkabi_ivron likes this.
  7. guinnesspuss

There's a bug with the clock times. I definitely posted at 00:00 last night and 00:01 but it says 11:00 and 11:01

nkabi_ivron likes this.
  8. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Lead commenter Forum guide

Rosaline, the default timezone is wrong (was for me anyway). It's defaulting to 'UTC Monrovia, Reykjavik' which is causing all the posts in my Alerts to be timed one hour before they were actually posted. I've changed it manually in my Preferences to 'UTC Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London' which corrects the time for me but it would be better if the default was changed.

[EDIT] Great minds etc Guinesspuss! I hadn't seen your post when raised the same thing. Try the solution I used and see if it corrects the time

TheoGriff likes this.
  9. Rott Weiler

I'm still stuck on 'New contributor'!

TheoGriff likes this.
  10. anotherauntsally

anotherauntsally Senior commenter

Check what time zone you're supposed to be in. I was in Monrovia, apparently. I changed it but interested to see what time stamp this post has.

Edited to add that 'a moment ago' isn't exactly helpful - by the time it gives the actual time, I'll have forgotten.

TheoGriff likes this.
  11. anotherauntsally

Ah, too late to add to edit - I can see the actual time if I hover over 'one moment ago'.

12. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

Not all new posts are showing up under New Posts. It makes sense that I wouldn't see mine there but I've noticed that several other people's posts from this discussion are absent.

13. anotherauntsally

Rott Weiler, have you opted for pre-moderation? I didn't see your post there when I posted.

14. Rott Weiler

No, I'm not being pre-moderated, not sure why you didn't see it. It appeared immediately for me when I clicked Post Reply.

15. anotherauntsally

Oh, sorry. I didn't notice - now that I think about it, probably because I had to take a phone call after I started posting and had huge problems trying to insert text in the text box after that. I'd backspaced to clear the post while I was on the phone because there didn't seem to be any other way to cancel it. It didn't clear it, though, so I must have had two text boxes and the second one was filled with someone else's quoted text but I was unable to insert any of my own. If you reply to someone, maybe their post is quoted? The first one only popped up again after I'd got rid of the second and I suppose it was still under Guinnesspuss's because the page hadn't been refreshed.

I've just come back and I see I'm still logged in. That's much longer than the other site - although I hadn't logged out, I wasn't logged in there when I came back. I wonder if I've been showing up here as logged in all afternoon.

16. Rott Weiler

Yes it does, that's a difference from current forum. On here the default when you click 'Reply' is that the post you are replying to is automatically inserted..

I'm not sure that's an advantage though. Often when I post on an existing Thread I'm not directly replying to anyone's specific post, I'm just adding a comment to the Thread. That will now mean that I will have to delete the automatically quoted text if I'm not specifically replying.

@TES_Rosaline , this isn't a bug exactly, but could the 'Reply' function be changed so that it doesn't automatically quote the post? ie so it just offers you a blank reply box. If you want to quote a previous post you can use '+Quote', which works fine for quoting a single post as well as for multi-quoting

17. TES_Pippa

TES_Pippa Guest

@Rott Weiler - just to pick up on @TES_Rosaline behalf, you can reply to the thread in general by using the text box at the bottom, the reply within each comment is specifically designed to quickly quote to a particular comment.

I've noted the timezone setting, and collecting any others as I go. Hopefully we'll have the various avatar glitches sorted for everyone soon.

Hope you're all enjoying the new site.

Pippa

Rott Weiler likes this.
  18. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

Can't see a way to change my avatar on my profile

19. TES_Pippa

TES_Pippa Guest

@monicabilongame we haven't completed all the work we need to do in the beta site yet. One of these things is fully linking your profile here into your TES Profile.

If you do want to change your avatar then you can do so by going back to the homepage and access your profile through that page.

We'll get it all linked up early next week.

Thanks, Pippa

20. Rott Weiler

@TES_Pippa the Home page on this beta site or on the other Forum? I can't see how to change my avatar on either