1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Community reassurance unit

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon2980, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Wish they'd come and do some 'community reassurance' on the street that runs past our estate. It's a 30 mph zone, but I regularly witness cars flying over the brow of the hill and down the straight at 50 mph. I've been halfway across the road and had to leg it to the other side because some buttwipe appears out of nowhere and I trust their brakes about as much as I trust them to have more than one functioning brain cell.
    Loads of kids cross that road from the estate to get to and from school and it really is an accident waiting to happen.
    Have moaned and groaned to MP, council & the rozzers, but I get the horrible feeling that until somebody is seriously injured or worse still, killed they'll do nowt.

2. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

TBH Manny, they were parked up on a piece of road that is virtually impossible to speed on! So they weren't likely to catch anyone. Just feet up, having a cuppa and 'reassuring' us!

3. All fur coat and nae knickers then.

4. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Yup!

5. It is, isn't it. VERY misleading...and much as I hate those who tear around in cars thinking they own the roads, those flippin' 'units' never seem to be there when people are acting like d.icks behind the wheel. Chances are they'll be very pleased with themselves for getting money out of those usually considerate drivers just exceeding the speed limit.
    What a cop-out! [​IMG]