1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Community created worksheets

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by georgelenton, Jan 10, 2017.

1. georgelenton

georgelenton New commenter

I'm wondering about peoples thoughts re having community created worksheets, free, open source and maintained by the online community.

I don't have much of a feel for whether or not this is something that would work or not, or whether people would be interested in contributing towards this type of project.

Whether or not this is interesting depends on whether or not creating good quality worksheets and resources is something that's a bit of a current pain point for teachers I guess (and being able to easily modify them).

I understand that there are resources available here and there - but they all seem to be static. There's not a way of discussing the resources (at the source of the resources) or easily modifying them. Furthermore, there's no easy way of adding additional BACK to content to the resources. Which is the main part of community collaboration.

This is something that I've been considering so I'm opening this up for discussion to see if there's any interest for it, I'm not a working teacher.

2. georgelenton

georgelenton New commenter

Also note that my posts have to have moderation approval, so responses might be a bit slow coming through from me.