1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Communicating with schools in different countries

Discussion in 'Primary' started by nami_beth, Sep 12, 2016.

1. nami_beth

nami_beth New commenter

Hello there,

I was wondering whether anybody had successfully linked up with a school in another country - perhaps through a trusted blog or website? Preferably for Primary School aged pupils. We are looking to widen our children's knowledge of other countries.
    Any links or ideas would be great!

Thanks.

2. chickenlady4

chickenlady4 Occasional commenter

Apparently, the Microsoft educators community on twitter does very well. A huge international audience. I have no direct experience with it as such, (I don't tweet) but our Head does an excellent job on there to find us international schools to contact/Skype. Maybe there is an online forum too...

3. Maths_Shed

Maths_Shed Occasional commenter

If you wanted to do some maths with it http://www.censusatschool.com/ might be something you could hang it round. They look to be taking a break at the moment, how long that is I couldn't tell.

4. thinkypublishing

thinkypublishing Occasional commenter

stories4schools.com has some articles about schools that linked up by exchanging story books they made.

Some have organised skype sessions, others have exchanged film clips and photos via Facebook groups and most send letters/postcards.

The British Council is the usual starting place for finding new partners (unless you have teachers that already have links from personal visits etc.)