1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

'Common Misconception in Design and Technology' Help!!

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by pedrolover, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Good Morning everyone!!

I have to start planning an assignment whereby I need to select one misconception in my subject and plan and teach two lessons which try to address and overcome the misconception.

I am GTP teaching mainly KS3/4 textiles, and feel most confident teaching this subject but I do also teach food to KS3.

I was wondering whether anyone can think of any misconceptions BY THE STUDENTS in these two subjects in DT?? I have read through previous posts but feel none of those are really appropriate for my school.

A previous student on my course wrote her essay on tacking which I feel was viable topic but feel that I cannot be seen to use that misconception. Also I don't feel that I can approach and fully overcome the whole gender issue that girls do textiles and boys do RM in two lessons!!

Any feedback would be wonderful!! I have asked my department for advice but alas nothing was suggested!

Please help me!!

2. Good Morning everyone!!

I have to start planning an assignment whereby I need to select one misconception in my subject and plan and teach two lessons which try to address and overcome the misconception.

I am GTP teaching mainly KS3/4 textiles, and feel most confident teaching this subject but I do also teach food to KS3.

I was wondering whether anyone can think of any misconceptions BY THE STUDENTS in these two subjects in DT?? I have read through previous posts but feel none of those are really appropriate for my school.

A previous student on my course wrote her essay on tacking which I feel was viable topic but feel that I cannot be seen to use that misconception. Also I don't feel that I can approach and fully overcome the whole gender issue that girls do textiles and boys do RM in two lessons!!

Any feedback would be wonderful!! I have asked my department for advice but alas nothing was suggested!

Please help me!!