1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Coming back to UK

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by sumonoid, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Hi everyone, this is my first post and I hope you are able to give advice. My Fiancee and I are considering going to china for two years to teach (hopefully for culture, pay for a wedding and a little bit of savings). Currently I am on UPS2 with a TLR. I will be coming back to the UK after two years without management experience. Will I be able to get a job. I am not talking about hitting my same salary but on UPS2 will anyone employ me. I am a good teacher, with lots of different experience and hopefully will have a grasp of mandarin when I come back.

What do you think my chances are? does anyone know of people who have come back?

Thanks.

2. Hi everyone, this is my first post and I hope you are able to give advice. My Fiancee and I are considering going to china for two years to teach (hopefully for culture, pay for a wedding and a little bit of savings). Currently I am on UPS2 with a TLR. I will be coming back to the UK after two years without management experience. Will I be able to get a job. I am not talking about hitting my same salary but on UPS2 will anyone employ me. I am a good teacher, with lots of different experience and hopefully will have a grasp of mandarin when I come back.

What do you think my chances are? does anyone know of people who have come back?

Thanks.

3. As some one who has not got a job I would not risk leave a steady one, especially considering that the jobs market may actually get worse in the future (if that is even possible!)