1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Comic Relief Activities?

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by MrsBarnes09, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Hi,

Usually I've got ideas, inspiration, something to work on, but nothing this year! So is anyone donig anything mathematical for comic relief in maths lessons this year?
    Thanks,
    Rachel B

2. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

We're not doing anything mathematical but the theme is Monsters - could you do something based on Monsters Inc and them collecting screams?
    If you allocate volumes to different types of scream you could do lots of calculations.
    What is the percentage increase in output when they collect laughter instead?
    We are doing a who can eat a pack of Monster Munch the shortest time.

3. DM

DM New commenter

I'd be careful about the eating contest. That sounds like a choking hazard.

4. Age range?
    Ability level?
    I will continue with maths for the day as the kids have a lot of fun events going on outside of lessons.
    I have a map of of the world and will look at bearings of the cities where aid is being sent to from one UK airport as I am teaching the topic this week from the SOW.
    May add in a bit of 'sine and cosine problems' for top set based on this

5. I'm getting mine to calculate how many times I can call someone a 'Dozy Toad' if I only have, say, 17 days left in teaching - that's with 52 lessons of 50 minute duration....
    Seriously!!!!! [​IMG]

6. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

It's the staff who are doing the eating. The kids are just watching and guessing who wins.