1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Come Dine With Me

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by BelleDuJour, Feb 17, 2011.

1. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

What a twat on tonight's episode!

2. BelleDuJour

What a twat on tonight's episode!

3. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

Oh. My. God.
    Am watching on C4 + 1.
    He is making my skin crawl.

4. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

Just switched on. Which one?

5. BelleDuJour

I fell asleep! What did the fellow diners think?

6. egyptgirl

Well, I was talking about Paz (he's wearing a tie)..but now John (?) is also getting on my nerves.

7. BelleDuJour

Just found it again on 4+1.
    Yes, Paz....the twat!
    John thought he was a bit of a Heston Blumenthal when he did his......he got on my nerves too!

8. egyptgirl

Most liked the starter apart from Paz who thought it was too hot because he refused to taste it before serving...

9. egyptgirl

The look on his face when he got into the bed with Josie(?) made me crack up!

10. BelleDuJour

OMG.....joint first!

11. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

Yep, they're both quite irritating!
    That seems to have become half the point of the programme recently - getting the oddest assortment of lunatics and arseholes together in a house, encourage them to get drunk and see what happens! The food is largely irrelevant! Still highly entertaining though.
    I wouldn't go on there in a million years. I imagine most proper food fans such as those on here would fee the same? Half the people on there don't even seem to like food that much, or are so fussy that I'd never invite them round to eat if I knew them in the real world!

12. BelleDuJour

I'm a real 'foodie' and an excellent cook. I've been a Masterchef finalist and would love to do Come Dine With Me except for one thing..........................I'd hate to eat some of the truly disgusting food that is produced by contrestants who neither understand food nor know how to cook!
    That's also very true. Did you see the episode with a vegan contestant?

13. egyptgirl

I'm the hostess. People come to my house to eat (I don't do very well going to other people's houses. I'm a real foodie too. I'd rather spend more money on our food/kitchen equipment/cookery books and spend less on clothes or shoes.
    Which one?

14. BelleDuJour

Has there been more than one?
    She was blonde and skinny and looked like she needed a few chips.
    Oh...and she cooked vegan meat substitute! [​IMG]

15. egyptgirl

Nicky? Liverpool?

16. egyptgirl

I'm watching it on More4 and there is another twit on there. Where do they find these people?

17. BelleDuJour

Think so. Stooopid woman!

18. Well it's been doing Muller well with those Corner yoghurts for years... the logic of them always escaped me - you put the fruit and the yoghurt back together and get fruit yoghurt anyway.

19. BelleDuJour

He put a whole apple on top of a plate of crumbly stuff [​IMG]

20. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Seriously, some people should never be allowed anywhere near knives or an oven.