1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Come Dine With Me Tes style

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by lilachardy, Jan 26, 2012.

1. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

I don't get it.

2. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

You just post the menu on here. It can be below the price limit but I think there is a price limit on the TV show. I only put that to stop too many people going for lobster/fillet steak type meals.

3. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

Is foraging allowed?
    And hunting/fishing?
    And hone grown/filched from Mum's garden?
    Just want to know if I can 'eke out' the £15 with 'free' food.

4. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Am just watching tonight's CDWM.
    That ghastly woman is still ghastl, and the guy cooking is just cheating apart from the hideously sweet and sickly pud he's made.
    [​IMG]

5. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

Hmmm.....this needs some serious thought....I will get back to you....

6. I have no idea about British prices!
    How much does a chicken cost?
    Or can I just calculate price per head + ca. 20%? (I know the exchange rate is chronic, all down to you Brits of course, but I need some sort of orientation)!

7. henriette

henriette New commenter

I you wanted to be super-thorough, you could visit a UK supermarket website and research all the prices through the shopping on-line sections!
    I buy locally reared free-range at my farmers' market: approx £7 each, but 2 for £11 and 3 for £15! But you can spend as little as £3 to get one in the supermarket if you aren't fussy about quality/origin/husbandry.

8. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

.....or taste!

9. inky

inky Lead commenter

Half the fun of strawberries is waiting for the season to start!
    Talking about starting, who is going to start playing? Are we playing in teams of four?

[typical teacher!]

10. henriette

henriette New commenter

I'll happily repeat the meal I made in November:
    aperitivi: schiacciata, olives, cubes of cheese
    antipasti: bruschetta and crostini (funghi; fegatini; pomodoro e mozzarella)
    primo: gnocchi with sage butter
    secondo: braised veal with cannelini and lemon
    contorno: spinach
    dolce: pear and frangipan tart, with ginger ice cream or mascarpone
    Wines: Prosecco to start and with aperitivi
    Antipasti e Primi: choice: Chianti or Orvieto
    Dolce: vin santo
    Coffee (espresso) or tea + cantuccini/amaretti with vin santo/amaretto/grappa
    I did it for for just under £90 I seem to remember

11. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

I would be getting everyone guessing with the cutlery layout. Between each course setting there would be an additional couple of spoons upon which the guests could practice how they are played.
    Each course would be prededed by a "drum roll" of the spoons, for which I could pass as a virtuoso in forgiving company whilst the servants served the meal.
    We would end the evening with the guests accompanying me on the ukelele with their new found talent in a song like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxxk1Bm3QEU&feature=related