1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Come Dine With Me - Now on C4

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Eva_Smith, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Eva_Smith

Eva_Smith Established commenter

I've seen this episode before, the one from Teesside. I feel sorry for poor Jayne. I can't really see any evidence that she is intentionally trying to suggest she is better than everyone else. In my opinion, the rest of the guests were more at fault because they just had typical Teesside chips on their shoulders: God forbid that anyone should use a word you don't understand, or cook some food in a way you may not be used to.
    I feel really sorry for her. They all just rounded on her. I think the fact that one guy said he was 'intimidated' by her menu says more about him than it does about her.

2. Eva_Smith

Eva_Smith Established commenter

I've seen this episode before, the one from Teesside. I feel sorry for poor Jayne. I can't really see any evidence that she is intentionally trying to suggest she is better than everyone else. In my opinion, the rest of the guests were more at fault because they just had typical Teesside chips on their shoulders: God forbid that anyone should use a word you don't understand, or cook some food in a way you may not be used to.
    I feel really sorry for her. They all just rounded on her. I think the fact that one guy said he was 'intimidated' by her menu says more about him than it does about her.

3. I didn't see the point in the gold leaf? She seems OK - if a bit stuck up!

4. Cheapskate sh1t. Don't watch it.

5. I am sure it was cleverly edited but she did give the impression that she intnded to educate her plebby guests, rather than to give them a pleasant evening. I think she thought she was a cut above them - maybe she was, i can't remember, i didn't watch it this time, seen it before.
    I think she was a little patronising to be honest,

6. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Not just a little bit.
    Still, the others were rather unpleasant to her (and in general).
    I enjoy watching the programme and find the social interaction quite interesting - there are some dinner parties you know you'd enjoy and others that you're glad you're not part of. This was one to be glad not to be part of.