1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

come and chat in Fifi's cafe

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by miss sb, Feb 22, 2005.

1. BrightonEarly

BrightonEarly Occasional commenter

@sam enerve Thanks for the update on the wellington boot incident and also for the catalogue - will be useful as I'm retiring soon! I would have loved the glasses - but I'll get some champagne flutes!

2. Emersonpotter

Emersonpotter New commenter

Good morning, colegas ingleses/as! Acabo de llegar a este baile. I'm looking for a good school to teach Spanish to A level. Any help. I am in Hendon, London NW.
    PS> Going to a Latin festival today in Crouch End, N19? Musica, baile, comida, vino, churros y churros. NOs vemos alla. Regards to all,

3. Emersonpotter

C'mon, England. If there is a vacancy for a qualified, expereinced MFL teacher at your school, if that one is a good one, 20 miles from London NW4, pls let me know emersonpotter@hotmail.com Mientras tanto, vamos a la gozadera de Crouch End, nos vemos alla, lucir algo rojo, como la bandera de mi patria: Eng-gland!

4. Emersonpotter

Time to find a job. If you know of a good school 20 miles from London NW4 in need of Spanish/French, please let me know. emersonpotter@hotmail.com No agencies, please. You can find me on youtube: Latienm3. Until then. Saludos, E

5. Emersonpotter

Sorry, spelling error: it shoud read Latinem3 on youtube. Ciao for now.

6. sam enerve

sam enerve New commenter

Feel sorry for the last poster. TES should create a website with, I don't know, job adverts for teachers on it. You know, where you could type in the subject, the sector, and the town you want to work in....and a list of jobs comes up...
    ...They've missed a trick there....

whapbapboogy and flick161 like this.
  7. gregcolin

gregcolin New commenter

Yeah. However, the window of Fifi's café has always been my preferred place to advertise.

8. BrightonEarly

We had 5 minutes to respond to the first message - the poster is clearly keen. You have to admire this ensthusiasm.

9. BrightonEarly

I think all good teachers have a touch (or more) of OCD. Come on, admit it, whose day is devastated when you arrive at school and someone is parked in 'your' space? By the way, @sam enerve, you need to move your wrecked car from Fifi's car park - that's my favourite space. How did you wreck it?

10. sam enerve

sam enerve New commenter

The cheek of it!

That's not a wreck, @BrightonEarly, it's a genuine Renzo Piano!

Either that or I drove in to a piano in the rain...

..that's sounds more like it...

It's all a bit hazy to be honest...and I don't do that very often...

BTW, don't worry, the AA are coming to shift it soon....

We need to keep quiet about this, though....

...the last time I mentioned AA in here I was almost lynched...

Fifi, a large frothy one please...

...and you'd may as well bring me a beer, too :)

Sláinte !

11. BrightonEarly

All good @sam enerve - will buy you a beer when I get my space back!

Fifi did say that someone stole her piano the other day - did you see them pushing it down the road? Let's get her another one and have a sing song .... What do you suggest?

12. sam enerve

sam enerve New commenter

The car has gone now @BrightonEarly I've no idea what happened to the piano.

Fifi used to have a squeezebox...

...when it was quiet she'd help me practise my fingering....

....that was before I was married. Obviously...

A large one please, Fifi...

...my train has been cancelled

....as I have no car I'm just waiting for the rain to stop...

..I could be here a while...

Prost!