1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Combined levels for the Creative Arts

Discussion in 'Music' started by riaB, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Does anyone use common level descriptors or assessment criteria for the Creative Arts. We have been asked to produce common level descriptors which are Creativity based rather than subject. Any thoughts???

2. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

I don't normally respond to this sort of thread because, having spent my entire career in the independent sector, this is something that I never had to bother with.
    But this type of question is coming up here ever more frequently, and I cannot help but reflect how sad it is that teachers have to bother with this sort of nonsense. Teaching music, and enthusing kids with a love of music, seems to me to be an all-consuming task. How sad it is that teachers have to become bean-counters as well.

3. silverfern

silverfern New commenter

You could have a look at the format of the IB MYP Performing Arts assessment criteria.