1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Colour

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by munchkinamy, Feb 23, 2012.

1. We are doing this as a topic shortly and I was just wondering if anyone could suggest and books?
    My class absolutely love stories but I'm drawing a blank when trying to think of books related to this topic.

2. inky

inky Lead commenter

Well, there's always Elmer. I don't particularly like Elmer but he's useful enough.

3. lizzii_2008

lizzii_2008 New commenter

What colour is love? By David Wojtowycz!

4. Brown bear, brown bear /Polar polar bear?
    The time it took tom

5. pete72

pete72 New commenter

The Black Book of Colours ( Menena Cottin) is a must. The entire book has mat tblack pages with black glossy pictures.....but then there are the words...they are fab for Reception....."Red is sour like unripe strawberries and as sweet as a watermelon. It hurts when he finds it on his scraped knee"

6. Have just finished colour topic doing a colour per week. PM me and I'll send my plans(clean bill of health from big 'O'!

7. Arnold Lobel 'The Great Blueness'. Eric Carle 'The Mixed Up Chameleon'.

8. BTW as I finish with The GReat Blueness I get the kids to colour mix. I get paint charts from the DIY store and ask the kids what they think each colour is called eg I point to a bluey grey and the kids will say 'Blue' and I say it's actually called 'Sea Mist' etc. Then the kids mix their own colours and we make a fancy name for theirs. Good fun. Leave paint charts in the reading area.

9. porker

porker New commenter

Winnie the Witch

10. Hi I am just about to use 'The Black Book of Colours' as a hook and 'do' a colour a week -please could I have your plans too?

karen

11. butties

butties New commenter

Dogs Colourful Day by Emma Dodd, a book about colours and counting.

12. A colour a week? May I ask what age group you are teaching?