1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Colour of tights

Discussion in 'Personal' started by ResourceFinder, May 21, 2011.

1. Teen needs tights for a dance show

She went to town today and came back saying she couldn't find the right colour

She believes that she was told "Toast" ... I have suggested that she mis-heard "Taupe" but wondered if I am missing something ... after all you can get "Biscuit"

2. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I've just looked on Google and it looks as if toast is indeed a colour for special dance tights. Amazon has some.

3. you know ... I did not even think to search it seemed so daft

Thanks

4. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Google is your friend!

5. Is it sad that I felt a small spark of excitement at possibly contributing to a thread about coloured tights? I actually said 'Oo' under my breath when I caught sight of the title.

Anyway, it was dance tights not fashion, so a bit of a disappointment really. :-(

6. In answer to my own question: yes.

7. anon468

anon468 New commenter

CK - I need an outfit for a wedding in 4 weeks time!
    At Dundas castle, so I need to raise my game a bit.

8. LoL

Tell me, what are your favourite colour of fashion tights, CK?

9. Furryboots is Dundas Castle? I feel I should know - there's a Dundas Street in the New Town in Edinburgh...

10. anon468

anon468 New commenter

11. Why, how kind of you to ask.
    I'm partial to teal colours, but ultimately it depends on what colour the rest of the outfit is. :)

12. I am wearing a Teal shirt as I type [​IMG]

I do not really wear tights tbh

13. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Teal is a lovely colour.

14. Excellent colour taste.

Where's Buntycat?? This is her type of thread - I've not seen her for aaages...

15. catmother

catmother Star commenter

That castle looks a bit posh! Must cost a fortune to have a wedding there.

16. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Is teal sometimes referred to as 'petrol blue'? Or is that a whole different colour?

17. It's sort of a muted turquoise, manashee.

18. I would say they are next to each other with PB being slightly bluer and T being slightly greener

19. anon468

anon468 New commenter

I think it is very posh, catmother. Far too posh to have a wee scrote like me on the premesis!
    You should see the wedding invitations. Proper diamante on them and everything.