1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Colleges making OCR National Award Students sit ICT Functional Skills

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by Paul_lee0123, Apr 21, 2012.

1. I was just
    wondering has anyone experienced any problems with students who have completed the
    OCR Nationals First Award (2010) in ICT at a Pass or above, go on to a further
    educational establishment (college) and be told the OCR is not a real qualification and
    make the Yr13 students sit through a one year ICT Functional Skills.

I’m aware of
    changes that are being made to strengthen to value of qualifications, with OCR, Btec etc but if Ofqual
    and OCR state that this holds the same eqivilent value of a
    GCSE. So should the further education establishment in question accept this?

2. I was just
    wondering has anyone experienced any problems with students who have completed the
    OCR Nationals First Award (2010) in ICT at a Pass or above, go on to a further
    educational establishment (college) and be told the OCR is not a real qualification and
    make the Yr13 students sit through a one year ICT Functional Skills.

I’m aware of
    changes that are being made to strengthen to value of qualifications, with OCR, Btec etc but if Ofqual
    and OCR state that this holds the same eqivilent value of a
    GCSE. So should the further education establishment in question accept this?

3. djphillips1408

djphillips1408 New commenter

Do not feed the troll

4. Oh sometimes it's fun to feed the troll! Hey Paul, or Lee, or both of you, name any FE establishment that you know, for a fact, has done this.