1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Collective Worship

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by Ro5anna, Jan 9, 2012.

1. I have just taken on the responsibility of producing a whole school document. We have used a tried tested and safe format but want to improve on what we have. Suggestions as to websites resources etc would be greatly appreciated. Thanking you in advance.

2. You don't say what age group your are interested in. If it is Primary, then have you come across "Flippin' Praise" which describes itself as "An interactive resource for transforming Collective Worship in schools. This is produced for Anglican Schools by dioceses in East Anglia.
    Fot details see
    http://www.churchschoolseast.org.uk/documents/A4FlippinPraisetouse.pdf

3. Thank you for your reply but it's secondary am looking for 11-18. [​IMG]

4. Compassman

Compassman Star commenter

The whole idea of collective worship is an outdated concept.

5. Thats not particularly helpful Compassman

6. It's a state school, non faith but the Collective Worship...outdated or not is a legal requirement. Am hoping to make it multi-faith based. Thank you again for your advice [​IMG]

7. Compassman

Compassman Star commenter

Yes it is a legal requirement but an outdated one.

Been teaching for over 20 years and never done any collective act of worship. Thought for the day yes but never anything religious.

8. Sorry I can't be of much help as my policy is very much church based. Hope you get it sorted :)