1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Collective Worship - thought for the day

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by Durc09, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Maybe do a thought for the week then you have less to find that is what I do with my yr8 form.
    There is a selection of qoutes on here somewhere that I use many of though not all would be suitable for your classes.

2. durgamata

durgamata Occasional commenter

Having just been browsing the CKG library site there are thousands of aphorisms on almost every subject under the sun many of which would be great for Collective Worship reflections. They might need unpicking for any age-group but that could be done in class before the assembly - so the children's own perceptions, thoughts and experiences would feed in. Then you could find quotations, anecdotes or stories from different people or religions to add colour and strength to the final presentation.

see http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com

3. Compassman

Compassman Star commenter

Collective worship should have no part in schools in the 21st century.

4. Whilst I applaud the OP's enthusiasm, a word of warning - RE and collective worship are very different, don't let your SMT lumber you with whole school responsibility for spirituality unless you clearly understood it to be part of the RE Co ordinator role with appropriate remuneration, give 'em an inch!!

5. deut

deut New commenter

6. i think there is a company call Assembly Music Made Easy who do some assembly slides with thoughts etc linked to SEAL themes and with some aimed at FS and KS1.

7. Sir Cumference

Sir Cumference New commenter