1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Collecting money for staff.

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by Bluelamb, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Bluelamb

Bluelamb New commenter

Does anyone have a policy they would like to share for collecting money for staff ? For example what is collected for, how it is collected.
    Thanks for your help.

2. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

A policy? Please tell me this is a joke.

Middlemarch and Camokidmommy like this.
  3. Ladykaza

Ladykaza Senior commenter

No policy. We just send an email or two and the administrator collects whatever anyone wants to give.

4. digoryvenn

digoryvenn Lead commenter

Somebody just takes round an envelope asking people to give whatever they want.

5. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Dear, oh dear...

6. nomad

nomad Star commenter

I suspect that Bluelamb is referring to a practice rather than a formal policy.

Best practice, IMO, is to set up a staffroom committee which decides on such things as the venue and cost of the Christmas staff social, collects contributions from staff for flowers for ill colleagues and gifts for colleagues who are leaving.

I do not believe that HTs should (or be seen to) 'drive' such matters.

Ladykaza and Sundaytrekker like this.
  7. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

I agree. An envelope in the staff room usually suffices. I occasionally offer to do the shopping but usually someone else will volunteer. In one school everyone contributed to a social fund to cover flowers for illness etc.

8. Bluelamb

Bluelamb New commenter

Yes I did mean practice !! Thanks for replies.