1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Colleague using ALL my resources

Discussion in 'Personal' started by mrsfabmoretti, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Hiya,
    At school, we have a program whereby we upload all of our resources and PPoints, so that our pupils can access them at home if they miss a lesson. We can also go on to see what our colleagues are teaching. I tend to upload all my lessons a week at a time, or as soon as I've created them.
    I've just gone on to this program to check what a colleague is doing this week, as we share a class and I wanted to check we weren't going to clash.Having a nosey (as you do!),I realised that every single lesson PPoint he has uploaded is mine. Even the seating plans, class rules and (even worse!!) personalised class assessment feedback are the same- not even tweaked in some way.
    My issues are:
    • He didn't even ask if he could use any of the resources;
    • His lessons are completely undifferentiated for his classes;
    • These resources took me hours to create and he has put no time and effort in to them. Might I add that he never creates anything on his own to share with the department.
    Can I please point out, I have no problem at all with sharing resources within the department, particularly with newer members of staff who need a hand to get used to the schemes of work. We all share, and it makes sense not to reinvent the wheel. However, I am really annoyed by this!
    Do I say anything to my colleague??

2. charlotte.johnson06

charlotte.johnson06 New commenter

Could you possibly speak to the head of the department?
    From now on, I would watermark all the resources with your details so if he did try to upload them as his, it would say your name etc on it.

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Whilst I share your frustartion that your colleague has used your resources without checking with you, but am I correct in thinking that you share the same class?
    In which case" seating plans, class rules. . ." - it would obviously be less disruptive for pupils to have the same rules. "His lessons are completely undifferentiated for <u>his</u> classes."HIS classes are the same as your classes.
    I would have quiet word about how you're going to collaborate planning, feedback etc and you could mention it then.

4. Just smile and say "I'm glad they're usefull. I run out of steam quite quickly in the year so I look forward to using your resources next term. It's fab sharing isn't it?"
    Don't be so quite so quick to put them on the system. Give him a chance to gets some on there.

5. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Like the style!
    Good advice though.

6. Richie Millions

Richie Millions New commenter

Or say," Oi you lazy scroat. Isn't it about time you contributed something to this school or left?"

7. Sorry- I should've made this clearer. We both share one year nine class, so I see them twice a week and he sees them once. We cover quite different aspects of the curriculum, so really there shouldn't be any overlap. The seating plans he's left on the PPoints aren't even this shared class- so his classes will have a random seating plan on their resources!!
    Think I'm going to have to put my name somewhere on each slide of each PPoint or each worksheet, etc. Just hope the rest of the dept. don't think I'm being petty, as I'm quite happy to share with those who genuinely need help, and not because they can't be bothered to do their own resources. I'd upload at last minute, but then reckon said colleague will drag his heels and get a few lessons behind me so it's easier to pinch!
    I think the worst thing is that I've spent hours over the holiday creating these resources (at night, as I have a young child).. Argh! Sorry, I'm being overindulgent and ranting now.
    The more I think about it, might have to mention to HoD is a casual way.. No-one likes a grass, though!! [​IMG]