1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Colleague/school presents

Discussion in 'Personal' started by emjenkins87, Sep 29, 2015.

1. emjenkins87

emjenkins87 New commenter

I'm moving schools in December and I was wondering what gifts I could get for the Staff and a whole school gift. Any ideas would be gratefully received!

If this post isn't appropriate, please delete!

Liz

2. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

How big is the school?
    What is your budget?
    How much do you like your colleagues? ;)

3. xena-warrior

xena-warrior Star commenter

How much do you like them? The best I've ever offered to a staff who remain mates is the first pint on me at the local and a couple of boxes of Roses in the staffroom.

FolkFan likes this.
  4. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Have you been at the school for a very long time? Is there a tradition of teachers who are leaving buying gifts? I ask because unless the answer is yes to these questions I wouldn't!
    If you are obliged to then my suggestions are:
    For the staff - coffee, tea bags and biscuits for the staffroom.
    For the children - a book for the library (possibly linked to your subject strength or a favourite novel)

5. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

Do they not get you a present to thank you for your service? It seems a bit topsy turvey to me.

FolkFan likes this.
  6. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

Teaspoons for the staffroom. In my last school one leaving teacher bought teaspoons for the staffroom as the catering staff had a habit of collecting all the cutlery from the staffroom and hiving it off to the kitchens. So these ones were engraved. Lo and Behold - within a matter of weeks they had all disappeared to the kitchens never to be seen again!

7. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

i left a term's worth of tea, coffee, sugar, hot chocolate and emergency UHT milk. plus new jars to put the dry stuff in.

8. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

I bought my team a hamper of retro sweets from a website. We'd had a tradition of cakes or biscuits during our weekly meeting, so they went down very well! Otherwise, staffroom supplies, mugs etc.

9. cuteinpuce

cuteinpuce Star commenter

Never mind the sweets and biscuits; I'd like a box of whiteboard pens and some metal pencil sharpeners for my class. Three weeks into the new school year and I've run out. We're going through a period of fiscal austerity at our school where money is only available for exciting managerial projects.