1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

colleague blocked by students in his classroom

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by 12clare, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Hello,
    A colleague of mine was blocked in his class room by a group of students because they wanted mobile phones back that had been confiscated in the lesson. Our policy is for them to be collected from reception at the end of the day. This colleague is very upset and thinks that it hasn't been treated very seriously and so my question is: What should the sanctions be for this kind of behaviour?

2. Hello,
    A colleague of mine was blocked in his class room by a group of students because they wanted mobile phones back that had been confiscated in the lesson. Our policy is for them to be collected from reception at the end of the day. This colleague is very upset and thinks that it hasn't been treated very seriously and so my question is: What should the sanctions be for this kind of behaviour?

3. p1j39

p1j39 New commenter

If your colleague was following school policy then the students need to be sent home until parents are brought in to sign a behaviour agreement. Simple as that! If this isn't being done, it's a union matter.