1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Collaborative Learning in PE

Discussion in 'Primary' started by GeorginaGaunt, Nov 22, 2017.

1. GeorginaGaunt

GeorginaGaunt New commenter

Has anybody had any experience in collaborative learning in PE? I am a student teacher and I am writing about how PE lessons can support children's collaborative learning. Does anyone have any theory or frameworks within this area? Or perhaps an example of a lesson which went well.

2. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

Collaborative learning would fit well with educational gymnastics and group work also dance. The groups would be expected to plan sequences which fulfilled a task + elements of self and others' evaluation. It would also be a good fit for Orienteering and outdoor pursuit/adventurous activities. At secondary level it is probably better displayed and could be included re tactics in team games and in partner work activities.
    We also used to try some team task activities involving problem solving - sort of pre dated Celebrity jungle stuff without the grub/insect yucky eating :) There are probably loads more examples...... but they are just off the top of my head.

GeorginaGaunt likes this.