1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cold sore on bottom lip - huge and interview soon!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by cys2017, Jul 1, 2018.

1. cys2017

cys2017 Occasional commenter

i have a cold sore on my bottom lip which I woke up with this morning and it’s literally five times the size it was this morning. My interview is on Tuesday can someone please give me advice on how to shrink it fast :,(

2. LadyPsyche

LadyPsyche New commenter

Wear compeed plasters if you can. Even if it doesn't cover the whole thing, it just stops the relentless growth. I feel your pain! When you feel your lip is about to birth a golf ball. I've heard that some GPs will prescribe strong antivirals, but I always stay at home as much as I can so I've never tried. A friend has though.

cys2017 likes this.
  3. cys2017

cys2017 Occasional commenter

Thanks hun xx

4. curlcurlcurl

curlcurlcurl Occasional commenter

Keep a good slathering of Zovirax or similar on the lip constantly for as long as possible. I’m talking overnight, all day if possible. I’ve shamelessly taught with it on my lip before. Although not on interview :) This always helps it go down. Also, take some Lysine tablets from Holland and Barrett. I’ve also had the antivirals from the GP, they work wonders. Even better is the electronic cold sore machine. Hope it shrinks a little overnight. Remember, you always feel it’s way more noticeable than it actually is!

Good luck with the interview - a cold sore won’t make you a lesser teacher!

PS: Compeed seems to be love or hate. I once used these and it tore my sore open, moved it on to the weeping stage much quicker which resulted in the virus spreading and a much bigger cold sore. (TMI?!) Whenever that cold sore returns now, it’s a beast. Use with caution!

agathamorse likes this.