1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cold and Flu Winter 2011/12

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by fantastischfish, Nov 7, 2011.

1. fantastischfish

fantastischfish Established commenter

Well I had 9 hours sleep last night and don't feel refreshed in the slightest. Woke up with a pounding headache across the top of my head and my forehead. I simply cannot be bothered to move; I'm sitting back on the sofa with the laptop on my knee and my orage juice is on the coffee table, yet the thought of leaning forwards to get it feels exhausting.
    This is the 6th day in total that I've felt ill, and the 3rd day of feeling completely pathetic a useless. On Saturday, I did manage to go out to Morrison's for a few bits, but I was only out for 45 minutes and needed a nap when I got home and didn't move from the sofa for the rest of the day.
    If I turn too quickly or move around too much I feel dizzy. At times, I feel like I'm hungry, and eating does make me feel a bit better, but then I feel sick to my stomach (although I haven't yet actually been sick).
    Off work again today, obviously. Just baffled as I hasten to use the word 'flu' since I know it gets over-applied, yet I've never had a flu that's made me feel this crappy for this long before.
    Exhausted. I think I'll go back to bed.