1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Codes indicating levels of support given

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by daydreamer86, Aug 19, 2011.

1. It might not be of any help to you as I don't work in a classroom setting but I do work with teenagers with autism, SLD and PMLD and, on their individual baseline assessments that are in their personal files, there is an option for "With Help" so, down the side, you have self help skills and, if they can only achieve those skills with support, you tick the "With Help" box and then the options are, "VH-Verbal Help", "PH-Physical Help" and "GH-Gestural Help" so you initial the level of support they need. As I said, it might be of absolutely no use to you as you are in a classroom but it works OK for us in the residential setting.

2. Could you not have numbers?
    1 No help, 2 Minimal help, 3 Verbal help, 4 Verbal/physical help, 5 Participated etc etc

3. Loony tunes

Loony tunes New commenter

Thanks for the replies everyone - they really help. I think I'm getting there now but am I the only who keeps thinking of more and more things I need to do before I go back? Thanks!