1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Code of conduct

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon2113, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Modelmaker's the one to ask.

2. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

Kays Catalgue knitting patterns, probably not

Big Buttery Baps magazine, almost certainly

3. Doesn't matter what I think. Your conditions of employment will have a section about additional employment and your employer's opinion is the one that counts.

4. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Welcome to TES, Oli . . . . . (I'd love to have your quandry!)

5. Well, I don't see what's wrong with it really - it's certainly not harming anybody and not impacting on ability to do the teaching job.

6. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

I did a bit for a catalogue when I was in the early stages of my career. I kept schtum. Don't think anyone found out.
    I also did waitressing, bar work, and some factory work over the summer holidays.
    I wanted to get married and wouldn't have been able to afford a big party afterwards otherwise. Didn't have a fancy do but wanted everyone to be there so I had to save up for the band, disco and venue.
    Airy is right of course, you need to check your contract.

7. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

As DZ pointed out, I think it would largely depend on the type of modelling being done [​IMG]
    I really wouldn't know for sure though.