1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cod awful Christmas

Discussion in 'Personal' started by eggnchips, Dec 25, 2010.

1. well not really but slightly bored now.

2. but you are hiding it so well :O)

3. That Christmas dinner was certainly not my finest. Sprouts were overdone, pigs in blankets were incinerated, gravy was greasy. Norfolk bronze free-range organic turkey was nice but not twenty five quid nicer than my usual one.
    Son2 has offered to cook it next year if he's still living here so not a total dead loss :)

4. Had a fab day.
    Baby has been gorgeous since the moment he opened his eyes.
    Lovely dinner in good company, at friends house and she wouldn't even let me make a brew let alone help with food or washing up.
    Baby asleep and I'm sooooo relaxed, Edward Scissorhands and TES.
    Then a soak with new smellies.

5. SIL is sleeping on the sofa in front of the TV as we don't have any more bedrooms. Having hogged the TV all afternoon and evening watching films and that dancing program, she has now gone to bed at 9.30pm! Only thing left to do is go upstairs and read.
    Next year we are going to carryout our earlier failed attempt to go away for christmas.

6. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Lead commenter

wel for the first time in 29 years we had our first christmas meal with just the two of us,,,it has been nice in a way and different.......but i have decided i want to be away next year if kids are not home anymore.......im rooting for the south seas! lol

7. Son1 and d-i-l-2-b came round this evening and the three young 'uns beat me and MrL at Master Edition Trivial Pursuit on the last roll of the dice. GRRRRR!!!!!

8. ian60

ian60 New commenter

hope your having fun! Trust me, great times are to be had in the future.

9. Just got back at half past midnight after 4 hours in the QE Hospital A&E in Gateshead. I hadn't imagined spending my Xmas doing that!!

10. No! I hope you were sorted out at the end though!

11. Yes, thanks for your concern. Not me at risk but a family member who is now OK.

12. We're very cramped where we are at the moment - I feel guilty, but i can't wait to get home. Christmas dinner was eaten on our knees, which is a first for me haha.