1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cockroaches

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by Stato, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Get the exterminators in. Costly but you won't see them for at least another 6 months, its well worth it for the peace of mind.

2. Alphaalpha

Alphaalpha New commenter

Boric acid powder is pretty effective. Sometimes you can get it as a paste and this does the biz. With the powder they carry it back to the source so it does spread among the others. Good luck!

3. Bought one of those plug in the wall things that keeps rodents away - it says it keeps cockroaches away as well. £19.99 from household shops. Think I bought mine in Woolies when it was open. Do get cockies but they are very drowsy. Then they get the boiling water.
    Kid crushes a butterfly in his back graden. His dad says "no buttter for you for a week". Then he steps on a honey beer and the dad says, "no honey for you for a week". Boys mum walks in and accidentally steps on a cockroach. Boy turns to his dad and says "Are you gonna tell her or shall I?"