1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cobra skin plates?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by catmother, Nov 15, 2015.

1. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I'm waiting for Homeland to come on and put the TV on Channel 4. Some programme of super yachts is on, featuring boats worth millions of pounds. Some guy who sells fittings for those boats was showing plates which edges was made of cobra skin! Cobra skin? Even if I had millions, billions even, I cannot think that would ever make my wish list.

2. Lalad

Lalad Star commenter

I suppose if you are spending £20 million ( I had to rewind to check, but the figure is correct ) on a new interior design, a set of cobra skin plates probably seems essential.

3. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

Cash doesn't buy taste!! ;)

4. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I can't imagine wanting to eat from one. Maybe those people don't actually eat?

ScotSEN and aspensquiver like this.
  5. aspensquiver

aspensquiver Star commenter

OMG. I couldn't even touch the plate let alone eat from it. I can't even look at an image of a snake. Horrors.

ScotSEN and Lascarina like this.
  6. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

Can you put them in the dishwasher?

7. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Snakes don't like being in dishwashers. Please don't experiment with this idea.

8. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

What about water snakes?

9. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

They aren't soap and water snakes.

10. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

whatever floats your boat!

11. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

I couldn't afford a bottle of cava to launch mine never mind a boat to launch. Bloody teaching heads.

12. ScotSEN

ScotSEN Senior commenter

Did you hear how much the stewards were paid? Can't remember the exact figures but I think the head steward was on about 40k tax free and the assistant about 30K - to make beds - ironing the sheet and pillow cases on the bed.
    Ever think we are in the wrong job!