1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Coaching for School Leaders

Discussion in 'Professional development' started by kim_rtaylor, Jun 2, 2018.

1. kim_rtaylor

kim_rtaylor New commenter

Hi there!

I'm currently completing my MA in Leadership at UCL Institute of Education. I'm also a qualified performance coach and learning consultant so have decided to marry up my passion for education with my background in business and people development.

My dissertation is about coaching leaders in schools; I am hoping to explore the extent to which school leaders perceive coaching as a useful tool to help them make a positive impact on their schools and students in the challenging context of education today. I am specifically interested in coaching that is focused on leadership and personal development, NOT teaching practice.

Happy to help?
    If you're a school leader and have ever been coached as a leader (head of department all the way up to headteacher/principal), please fill out this 3 minute survey: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/RKLQCJ7
    Feel free to share it with other leaders who have experience of this type of coaching too!

Want to know more? Read on..!

My hope is that the results of this study could provide school leaders with some insight into how coaching is viewed by other teacher leaders in general terms. It may also help to identify whether coaching could be a worthwhile an investment of time, resources and/or funds for themselves, their staff with a view to increasing the effectiveness of their leaders and ultimately improving outcomes for their students.

So, I need your help! If you are or know a school leader (anywhere from head of department all the way to headteacher or principal), please complete this survey - it should take you no more than 3 minutes. https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/RKLQCJ7

Feel free to share it with other leaders who have experience of this type of coaching too!

If you're interested in the idea of performance / leadership coaching for yourself or your staff, please do feel free to contact me directly - I may be able to help.

Thanks for your support!
    Kim