1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Coaching football for Under 9s

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by TongueTwister, Aug 19, 2010.

1. A friend and I are stepping in to coach our local boy's football team after the coach decided at last minute they cannot do it. We will need to do a proper qualification later but have 4 or 5 weeks before this starts. It's boys under 9s and we intend to do 4 or 5 warmup activities focussing on fun, passing, control, heading, volleying and then a mini-match. Could anyone point us to a good web site where we can firm up our ideas?
    Many Thanks

2. If you message me a contact e-mail I can send you a whole host of activities/ games that can be used to develop the areas you specificed.
    Kind regards

3. Hi,

We have a few drills on our website which aren't too advanced - we also have films on there to illustrate how to do them.

Let me know if this helps. Go to TeachPE.com and look in the football coaching section. It's all free.

Thank you

Daniel

4. njs1999

njs1999 New commenter

www.footy4kids.co.uk
    Seems to have quite a few drills on it for different age groups and abilities. It covers quite a few areas of the game. If there are drills that you may think are too difficult/easy - have an idea in mind of how you can adapt them to suit.
    Hope this helps