1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Co-Teacher Discussing Pupil with a Parent

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Zee-Zee, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Zee-Zee

Zee-Zee New commenter

Hi! I have a frustrating dilemma my co teacher has made friends with one of the parents in our class. I have found iut she has discussed two pupils with this parent in terms of their abilities and behaviour, which has nothing at all to do with this parent (who is a busy body, might I add). This parent has gone back to the mother of one of the girls and told her. The mother has informed me and also has said this other parent is screenshotting emails and private conversations that parents are having and sending it to my co teacher. I am furious because (a) how on earth can someone be so unprofessional (b) it is tarnishing my reputation and I work damn hard and keep my professional boundaries clear. What am I supposed to do? The mither of the girl was crying that her daughter's abilities and behaviout have been discussed with another parent and is asking me about the rules surrounding pupil confidentiatliy!! I have no idea what to say to her. She wants to make an offical complaint, not sure how that will go.

2. bonxie

bonxie Senior commenter

Talk to your HT tomorrow to let them know that this unprofessional behaviour is going on. They need to be forewarned so that they are aware of the situation and can start to deal with it before the parent makes an official complaint.

3. Zee-Zee

Zee-Zee New commenter

I don't think the HT will take it seriously because this parent has no proof, the other parent has refused to go forward with the claim and is apprently now denying it. I have told the parent to still go ahead nonetheless but it is risking making relationships very sour. I don't know how to deal with this teacher now as I'm just apalled and I don't want this behaviour reflecting on my character as we work very closely together!

4. celago22

celago22 Established commenter

How can someone be so stupid to discuss other children with a parent.

Tell your headteacher and let them deal with it.