1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Co-operative learning

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by ciara5, Aug 10, 2011.

1. ANyone been on any of these courses? Any use?

2. ANyone been on any of these courses? Any use?

3. chocolate jesus

chocolate jesus New commenter

Yes, if you get rid off all the superficial 'happy-clappy stuff'.I use it with my Higher and Standard Grade - but the kids have to get used to doing all the work.

4. I've just been on the academy for the last 3 days and it was bloody brilliant. Chris Ward is an excellent speaker and educator and it all makes sense. If you get the chance sign up - I don't even regret giving up 3 days of my hols as I have loads of stuff that I can start using on Tuesday!

5. Homegirl, where did you find out about the academy? I would love to go on this but because I'm in SfL, my authority won't allow it.
    Thanks.

6. Yes - really useful, practical classroom strategies.

7. I can vouch for any co-operative learning course run by Chris Ward. She really is very good. The teaching of academic goals runs hand in hand with the teaching (yes, the 'teaching') of social skills - listening, participating, turn-taking etc. - sometimes, things that we expect the 'weans' to be able to just do.