1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Closing Date is Today

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by Training_2_Teach, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Training_2_Teach

Training_2_Teach New commenter

I've been soo busy lately and didn't realise the deadline for a job I wish to apply for is today. I still need to fill in two sections of the application form. If I sent it in before midnight today would it be accepted or is it at the end of the school's day?

2. Training_2_Teach

I've been soo busy lately and didn't realise the deadline for a job I wish to apply for is today. I still need to fill in two sections of the application form. If I sent it in before midnight today would it be accepted or is it at the end of the school's day?

3. Karvol

Karvol Occasional commenter

I would presume it depends upon how good your application is.
    Anyway, what do you have to lose? Send it in and hope for the best.

4. Training_2_Teach

^ I just don't want to be wasting my time [​IMG]

5. David Getling

David Getling Senior commenter

When you are working out times, don't forget time zones.

Also, the fact that they have an application form, tends to indicate a certain lack of flexibility. The vast majority of international schools use CVs and letters of application.

6. kemevez

kemevez Occasional commenter

Nothing to lose. Apply.

7. I can understand the frustration if a complex online application form. Why certain schools don't accept attachments is beyond me. I have avoided some mid-range schools precisely because of this. I don't have much time to fill in all these forms with a job to do already!

8. Training_2_Teach

I sent it off 6:55pm BST last night. I got an auto reply to say that they have received it and will be in touch should my application be successfull. This is the third international job this year, so far no luck.