1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Clomid Advice Please

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by shelia, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Hi all, I'm in my third cycle of clomid and last month i thought I ovulated on cd18. So i went all out this month and bought clearblue digital opk sticks. Been using them since cd10 and now on cd 18 and have yet to get a positive. So what I'd like to ask is can i ovulate so late on clomid? I took it cd 2 to 6. I had sore boobs cd 14 to 16, possible I ovulated and just didn't show up on opk stick? X

2. Some women do ovulate very late on Clomid. It can also vary from month to month.
    I have also read that you often don't get accurate results with ov sticks when you're using Clomid.
    Are you not having scans though?

3. Hi thank you for replying. I think I'm just getting worked up. I qas scanned the first month and got bloods taken to see if I ovulated. But after that was told that since it worked on that does I didnt need scanned again and to come back in 6 months if not pregnant. Not much help I'm afraid. x

4. becky70

becky70 Occasional commenter

I didn't think ovulation was guaranteed on clomid but that it would improve your chances. OPK kits are not reliable - you could have ovulated and it didn't show up. It is frustrating but maybe wait and see what happens next cycle.