1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Clocks at the ready

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Vince_Ulam, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

2. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Thanks for the reminder...

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Clocks already changed in this house as have to be up early for the 'Dawn Service'. Always fabulous to watch it come up over the sea.;)
    Night-night people.

sabrinakat likes this.
  4. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

At least the clock in my car will be right tomorrow. :)

cally1980, InkyP and cissy3 like this.
  5. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

Mine won't. The car has a strange fault where the computer resents itself every now and again. Only happens when I go to start it and it might go for weeks without happening, but what happens is the the starter motor hesitates briefly, a beeper beeps and then the car starts, but with the clock time and date changed. I found that setting the clock to the correct time appears to cause the fault to occur with greater regularity.

6. mandylifeboats

mandylifeboats Occasional commenter

No difference here.

7. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Completely caught out - was hoping to go to a Car Boot Sale nice and early too. Ho hum.

Dragonlady30 likes this.
  8. Lara mfl 05

apropos of nothing in particular, except to say @magic surf bus I do like the variations in your signature.
    [​IMG]

magic surf bus likes this.
  9. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Thank you - one has to move with the times @Lara mfl 05 - I still managed to pick up a few novelty items at the Car Boot, including a (wait for it) 1979 Margaret Thatcher Commemorative Loving Cup (Ulp, Bluuaaargh).

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  10. cally1980

cally1980 Established commenter

I always spend the first hour or so confused as to whether the laptop, phone and tablet have automatically adjusted or not.

Spiritwalkerness and lizziescat like this.
  11. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter

Not just me then.:)

This morning mobile, laptop and one digital radio all changed correctly. One digital radio and DVD player still on old time.

Thank goodness for my trusty old fashioned manual watch to check whether the new technology has worked.

12. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

I still have a large mechanical clock to adjust but everything else is automated

13. nomad

nomad Star commenter

[​IMG]
    Repositioning the stones for British Summer Time

This morning National Trust Rangers are very carefully moving one of the famous standing stones at the ancient Avebury World Heritage Site.

“Obviously Stone Age man didn’t have daylight saving, so twice a year we have to move one of the stones.” said Hilary Makins, National Trust Head Ranger.

“Avebury is an astonishing monument to the Neolithic people’s ingenuity. We want to make sure the stones are as accurate as they were back when they were put up. Each one weighs several tonnes. It’s a huge effort, but it’s worth it.”

14. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

Strangely enough, when I was at Avebury yesterday there were no signs of this mammoth task being prepared for :confused:.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  15. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

16. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Tuesday morning getting up for work is going to be an "uuurghh" moment.

17. Lara mfl 05

@nomad, had to check the date (to see we hadn't got into April ;)) for that post. [​IMG]

18. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

Does anyone know if our sundials are telling the correct time now?

19. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

No one walking into Mass at the end this year. One year it was me!! :oops:

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  20. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

One October I walked into the very early service with only two old ladies for company.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.