1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Clocking Off (tv series)

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon2113, Apr 8, 2012.

1. I've always heard good things about this series but have never watched it. I would just like to say that I am in the midst of a Clocking Off back to back session and it is bloody brilliant.

2. I've always heard good things about this series but have never watched it. I would just like to say that I am in the midst of a Clocking Off back to back session and it is bloody brilliant.

3. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Which channel? I loved clocking off,saw every series. Great characters.

4. I'm watching a box set. Just coming to the end of series one. So many well known faces young and old.

5. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Enjoy!

6. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

I never bothered with Clocking Off when it first came out. I only discovered it by chance when I happened to catch an episode on ITV 3. I was kicking myself for catching up on it so late, and missing the earlier series. Excellent programme.

7. I can't believe the "faces "in it...Corrie/Emmerdale/Shameless/Ashes to Ashes/Dr.Who./Eastenders/Benidorm

8. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

I've never seen it. Might pop over to catch-up land and see if it's on there.
    Talking of programmes you discover, I have recently been converted to The Big Bang Theory - avoided it like mad for ages until SiL told me how good it was. Nearly bought a novelty t-shirt to celebrate, but stopped just in time..

9. Isn't that .....AMERICAN !!!!

10. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

uh huh! [​IMG]

11. Don't you go watching that American rubbish when there are great British progams about like..Alkatraz and Dexter and NCIS.

12. Loved Clocking Off when it first came out. Gripping, clever writing that doesn't assume the audience is stupid (like most things on tv).

13. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

That's when I fell in love with Philip Glenister. It's great TV.

14. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

I'm a Big Bang fan. It's one of those you can watch over and over again knowing the exact dialogue that's coming up. Is that sad?

15. Not at all. I think it's genius. I'm amazed that more people aren't raving about it.
    I've never seen clocking off - but will look out for it now.

16. Not at all, I think it's genius. I'm amazed more people aren't raving about it.
    I've never seen Clocking Off - but will look out for it now

17. Clocking Off was a brilliant show... and they used to film it round our end, I remember seeing Mark whats-his-face slamming out of a house again and again and again as I walked home from work.

18. If you liked Clocking Off, Baubs, I can highly recommend The Street.
    Absolutely brilliant.

19. gruoch

gruoch Occasional commenter

Oh, Higgi17, your avatar has quite upset me.

20. mmmmmaths

mmmmmaths New commenter

Loved this when it was originally on TV

Also a big fan of the Big Bang Theory