1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Climate change modelling "a fools paradise".

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lexus300, Mar 19, 2019.

1. cherie_alamayonaika

cherie_alamayonaika New commenter

Wind energy is actually pre-industrial dating back to at least 5,000BC, as is tidal power stretching back to around 900AD. I think that we will always depend to some extent on fossil fuels in the future - some geographical locations more so than others.

alexei_yanovich and lexus300 like this.
  2. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Your previous complaints about the siting of sensors and the manipulation of past recordings.

3. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Certainly rich and powerful humans and their servants will be around.

lexus300 likes this.
  4. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Well, you have just written a batch of mainly off topic soundbites.
    How will sequestration of CO2 help to prevent or slow AGW? You put your thoughts forward and I will counter or (you never know) agree.

cherie_alamayonaika likes this.
  5. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

As they always have been and will be in the future. Carbon taxes will hit the poorest harder than any of you can imagine. Maybe that is the culling process to reduce our populations?

6. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Car parks, inner cities, heavily concreted areas all OK BY YOU THEN?

7. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

The models consistently predict/estimate/speculate higher temperatures than the actual measured temperatures including satellite data.

8. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Not in the AGW religion;)

cherie_alamayonaika likes this.
  9. Nanook_rubs_it

Nanook_rubs_it Star commenter

You think your interpretation of the data is correct & NASA/MIT are wrong? Don’t you think that if there was a conspiracy they would have ‘fixed’ the raw data as well?

10. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

I have referenced would you like a repeat?

11. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

I know you have a thing about youtube but this guy gives info on the siting of some weather monitering stations.
    (29) Conversation with global warming skeptic Anthony Watts - YouTube

12. irs1054

irs1054 Star commenter

Nanook_rubs_it likes this.
  13. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

I'm still not sure how it can be imagined that generating electricity from sustainable sources is "pre-industrial" given the increasingly sophisticated nature of the technology involved.

If you want to get picky about how early the energy source was first utilised, then burning stuff is as primitive as it gets, pre-historic rather than pre-industrial, possibly even pre-human.

Nanook_rubs_it likes this.
  14. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

Not at all, I wrote it in response to your response to a statement that no-one made. The dumb-as-mud "We'll survive, the human race will still be around"
    The bleedin' obvious doesn't need explaining.

15. Nanook_rubs_it

Nanook_rubs_it Star commenter

Why would I look at some Heartland Institute shill’s misrepresentation, when I can look at NASA & MIT’s actual research papers?

BTW - you do realise that if the satellite temperature data of the upper atmosphere is lower than the models (what models one has to ask), then the greenhouse effect of CO2 is worse than predicted, ie the models are conservative, don’t you?

16. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

Exactly. Probably the daftest question asked this year so far on this forum.

17. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

That doesn't follow my argument that you are using data that you have said are invalid. Whether or not I agree with Multi-storey car parks, tarmacked parking lots, vast malls, high rise housing or not is irrelevant to you using data that you say are invalid because of these things and the attempts to mitigate their effects.

18. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

The culling process will be global warming. It will cull the poorest who cannot move from their locales to more favourable ones.

19. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

It is the far more likely event, of the remote likelihood of global devastation, that a mini ice age will kill far more. If we get the greenhouse effect modified downwards it will reduce crops and consequently food supplies dramatically but that does not fit the 'desired' traggic outcome:rolleyes:

20. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

The data used in modelling has been repeatedly altered for at least three decades and that data adjustment:rolleyes: supports the modelling being consistently higher than actual measured temperatures.

alexei_yanovich likes this.