1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

clicker 5

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by regencyrob, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Hoe helpful/beneficial is clicker 5 throughout primary school?

2. purplepixie

purplepixie New commenter

I'm in Year 6 and I use Clicker for my reluctant writers and my SENs. It's great because you can develop a word bank specific to a topic that you're studying, for example at the moment we're being Amazon explorers and we are planning a trip to the rainforest, comparing flight prices and times and so on, and all the while we're completing research and emailing "Expedition Leader" with our findings and to receive updates on the mission. I use Clicker to help them compose the emails: I ask them to tell me the key words they've found, type them into the word bank maker, and then all they have to do is work on composing the email through clicking and dragging, adding a few of their own words where necessary, it reads everything out to them so they can check it makes sense, and then I hit "Prt Sc" and paste that into a Word document, which gets printed out and stuck into their writing book.

I love it!