1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cleaning things that have been laminated...help...

Discussion in 'Primary' started by rugby_gal06, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Like most teachers I laminate most of my resources so I can use them again and again.
    There are some resources that I use for maths that are used day in and day out for tables practice, with whiteboard pens. After half a term of doing this, it's becoming harder to get the pen off and stop the answers showing.
    Does anyone have any suggestions of how to clean the pen off of these or is this a case of making new resources every 6 weeks?
    Thank you.

2. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

I use packets of Flash or Dettol wipes or special whiteboard cleaning wipes for this kind of thing.

3. Mr Muscle window and glass cleaner :)

4. Nail varnish remover works

5. Oooo thanks for the ideas.... will give them all a try! :)
    Any other suggestions welcome!

6. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Brilliant ideas...going to try on some on my laminated bits next week.

7. Baby wipes work a treat.

8. Not that the kids can use this but methylated spirits works really well :)

9. I use alcohol gel.

10. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Deodorant spray works too.
    And there is a good chance that someone will have some handy. If you're lucky!
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

11. Is that the same stuff that you use to 'wash' your hands with? We use it and it works quite well.

Mind you, the children find 'sleeve of school uniform sweatshirt' very effective[​IMG]

12. Thanks for the ideas. The glass cleaner worked a treat :) Highly recommended!